*The products shown contain the CE Mark and are approved for IVD use in countries recognizing this standard. In the USA, products are designated For Research Use Only and not for use in diagnostic procedures and will be labeled accordingly.
Devices for collecting whole cells from blood or buccal cell samples.
Transcriptomics, Gene Expression: qPCR and RNA based sequencing (RNAseq) , microarray, Northern Blot, Nuclease protection assays, cDNA library construction, Mass spectrometry, ELISA, Western blotting, tissue biopsy stabilization.
The iSWAB™-Cells is a universal, non-invasive cell collection device that can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample. The iSWAB-Cells offers multi-OMICs from a single sample of intact buccal cells that can withstand room temperature collection, transport, and storage. Self-collection or assisted collection using a flocked swab or cytobrush can be achieved in less than 2 minutes, and is suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderlies. Each iSWAB-Cells collection device contains a LIMS compatible unique barcodes for efficient traceability during transport and storage.
The iSWAB-Cells is a sample collection device for the collection, stabilization, concentration, transport and storage of whole buccal cell samples. It is a non-invasive swab-based sampling applicator and is intended to be used for sample collection from intact buccal cells and/or any mammalian cells collected with a swab or cytobrush. Can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample.
Indication for Use (from IFU)
iSWAB™-Cells Collection Kit is a non-invasive device for room temperature collection, stabilization, concentration, transport, and storage of intact buccal cells. iSWAB™-Cells, a universal cell collection device, can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample. iSWAB™ Cells is designed for non-invasive, self-collection of intact and viable buccal cells using a flocked swab or cytobrush. Suitable for all ages, ethnicities, races, and genders.
Storage and Stability
Pre-collection: 18 months from date of manufacture between 15-30° C.
Transport temperature, post-collection: 15-30° C.
Sample stability and storage, post-collection: viable cells are stabilized for up to 4 weeks at 15-30° C; if longer storage time is required, collected samples can be stored at -20 to -80° C.
To create a more comprehensive profile of our health, wellness and potential diseases, multiple analytes, DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology, need to be included in the analytical mix. Unfortunately due to the limitations of current sample collection practices, multiple samples need to be collected per individual to achieve this objective. The samples also require heavy cold chain involvement in both transport and storage. These limitations can make this type of analysis expensive and inaccessible, which yields inconclusive research outcomes. To address this need Mawi DNA Technologies has developed iSWAB-Cells, a universal non-invasive cell collection device that can analyze gDNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology from the same sample. Import and export samples without Compromise, room temperature transport allows for wider bio-sample accessibility, and enables scientific research collaborations at a global level which greatly enhances our understanding of wellness/health and disease.
- Enables full genomics, proteomics, and transcriptomics analysis from a single sample including DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell morphology
- Stabilizes intact cells for up to 4 weeks at room temperature
- Room temperature stable: Reduce storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain requirements
- Swab-free sample transport: Decrease sample processing time without compromising sample integrity
- Self-collection or assisted collection in less than 5 minutes: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderlies
- Scalable: iSWAB Cells buffer can be purchased separately in 1 or 5-liter volumes for stabilization of larger samples
- Purified DNA, RNA, or proteins from collected samples are compatible with qPCR, microarray, NGS, and cell-based assays
- No organic hazardous solvent fixative
- Traceable and reliable chain of custody: LIMS compatible unique barcodes included on each collection device for efficient traceability during transport and storage
- Multiomics Enabled (including RNA) From the Same Sample
- iSWAB Cells is designed for non-invasive, self-collection of intact and viable buccal cells.
- Cell Stabilization System is optimized for room temperature stabilization of viable cells up to 4 weeks.
- Import and Export without Compromise: Room temperature transportation allows for wider bio-sample accessibility, and enables scientific research collaborations at a global level which greatly enhances our understanding of wellness/health and disease.
- Non-Cold Chain Reliant: Significant reduction of sample transportation spend by eliminating the extremely high costs of cold chain shipping.
|Use||gDNA, RNA, proteins, cell morphology|
|# Swabs||4 cytobrushes|
|Collection Volume||1.0 mL|
|Nucleic Acid Yield (μg)||varies**|
|Storage and Transport temperature||RT|
|Shelf Life Stability||18 months|
|Post-collection Stability||4 weeks|
|Capability to concentrate sample||Yes|
|Suitable for all population segments||Yes|
|Compatible Assays||Illumina Stranded Total RNA Prep w/ Ribo-Zero (Illumina, Cat. # 20040525, 20040529), Human EGFR In-Cell ELISA Kit (abcam, Cat. # ab126419)|
|Applications||Transcriptomics, Gene Expression: qPCR and RNA based sequencing (RNAseq) , microarray, Norther Blot, Nuclease protection assays, cDNA library construction, Mass spectometry, ELISA, Western blotting, tissue biopsy stabilization|