The Small RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit provides reagents for generating small RNA libraries for Illumina sequencing directly from total RNA or enriched small RNA.
The kit is available in 3 sizes – with 8, 24, and 96 preps. It includes all the necessary reagents for the complete workflow including barcodes for multiplexing.
An optional bead-based purification can be performed for removing adapter dimers (linker-linker artifacts) before proceeding to Next Generation Sequencing using Lexogen’s Purification Module with Magnetic Beads (Cat. No. 022). An optional purification can be performed on the lane mix to remove adapter dimers (linker-linker artifacts) or too long library fragments before proceeding to Next Generation Sequencing. We recommend using bead-based purification and a bundle version of the kit is available with Lexogen’s Purification Module with Magnetic Beads (Cat. No. 058.08/24/96). To order the bundle version, please select in the drop-down menu above that bead purification is needed.
Lexogen’s SPLIT RNA Extraction Kit offers the opportunity to extract NGS-grade quality of total RNA or small and large RNA fractions from the same sample. It is well suited for purification of RNA for Small RNA-Seq Library Prep input.
The TraPR sRNA Isolation Kit generates high-quality sRNA preparations suitable for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). Within 15 minutes, TraPR enables purification of RISC fractions even from challenging or inconsistent samples, cell types, tissues, and bio-fluids.
Features and Application:
- Sequencing of small RNA (≤ 200 nt), including microRNA (miRNA), Piwi-interacting RNA (piRNA), small interfering RNA (siRNA), small nucleolar RNA (snoRNAs), tRNA-derived small RNA (tsRNA), small rDNA-derived RNA (srRNA), and small nuclear RNA, also commonly referred to as U-RNA.
- Well suited for challenging, low content RNA sources, such as liquid biopsies (plasma, serum, and urine), including exosomes.
- Can be used for inputs from 100 ng – 1,000 ng of cellular total RNA or 50 pg – 1,000 ng enriched small RNA including RNA from plasma, serum, and urine. The minimum amount of total RNA input depends on the small RNA content of the sample in question. For samples with a small RNA content of 10 %, 1 ng total RNA may be used as minimal amount. Increase the input material for total RNA samples with less small RNA.
- Reagent box
- Purification Columns / Collection Tubes
- Small RNA i7 Index Plate with 8 (SRi7001 – SRi7008), 24 (SRi7001 – SRi70024), or 96 (SRi7001 – SRi70096) unique Small RNA i7 Index Primers, depending on the kit size (8, 24 or 96 preps).
- Purification Module with Magnetic Beads. Includes 1.6 ml beads for 8 and 24 prep Kits, 5.6 ml beads for 96 prep Kit (Bundle version only (Cat. No. 058)).
- TraPR Small RNA Isolation Kit (only in the bundle Cat. No. 135.08 and 135.24)
- HiSeq 2000/2500/3000/4000
- NextSeq 500/550
- Genome Analyzer